Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where in the World is Katherine?

My title is so cheesy, but i adore it. Anyway, I'm here! The original name for my blog was going to be the address of my apartment, but since I still don't have an apartment, I can't do that. Maybe I can change that title once I have an apartment.

My flight over was uneventful, except for the fact that I was convinced the man sitting next to me was a terrorist. He had no luggage, not even a book! Who takes a seven hour flight with nothing to occupy him! Since I'm here, I was clearly wrong, but it did freak me out a little bit. There was an adorable little French boy sitting behind me, but then he cried while everyone was trying to sleep, therefore becoming less adorable.

For the last few hours I've been looking up classes. The french have quite a weird system where there is no add or drop period. It's very weird since we have a two week (maybe more?) period in the U.S. Hopefully Sciences Po cracked out system will let me register!

Today it's raining, which I'm not so happy about since it rained in Chicago all summer. I still have a nice few out of my window to the cité campus. If it stops raining I'm going to walk around the campus and neighborhood and try to find my bearings/the best pâtisserie.

Tomorrow I start a French language class for two weeks as well as a class that supposedly teaches you how to deal with the French and all their bureaucratic tendencies.

I'm excited to be here, but I can't wait until I start classes, have an apartment, and feel like I'm really part of Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment